Sunday, September 11, 2011

Racecar Driving

Guest post written by my buddy Keith Kramer

There is one sport that I have never understood and that is auto racing. Every time that I turn on my Lake San Marcos TV from tvbydirect and it’s on, I try to stay on the channel for more than a beat and give it a chance. To me, the mere definition of the word sport requires that an athlete with possession of a god-given physical ability be involved. What extraordinary physical ability does a racecar driver have?

Also, I feel as if said athlete must prepare or train for his or her sport by performing a diverse number of exercises and drills. Is it necessary for a racecar driver to be able to run 5 miles and bench press his or her body weight? If so, how does that make one better prepared to drive a car in circles for hours on end? I can sit on my butt for hours and drive in circles and I’m definitely not sponsored or making millions. So, until that happens, I guess I just won’t get it.

No comments: